“Only for use with herbs.” A statement found on most rolling papers and vaporization accessories.
Have you ever smoked anything besides cannabis and tobacco?
Every now and then, I do add a bit of dried chamomile or lavender if I really need to relax. Just a pinch though! It provides me with the additional benefits of the terpenes naturally found in those herbs, although I do love the Extreme Q’s diffuser function to get the terps without the inhalation.
The terps on this week’s featured herbs are listed on the package – which is always something I love. While the Cheddar Bob grown by Craft Kings and sold by Sitka leads out with linalool (a rarity), hard-hitting Natural History’s Tally Man leads out with spicy caryophyllene and sweetens up with some farnesene as the second terpene.
A Few Fave Herb Products
Cheddar Bob by Craft Kings sold via Sitka Microworks
I have to admit: I love creeping on Craft King’s Instagram. The videos and pictures of their grow rooms (and the herb that’s in progress therein!) are spectacular.
Unboxing the Cheddar Bob was everything I expected it to be: beautiful, big, dense nugs with light green colouration and incredible frostiness. Seriously: check the bud out when you’re in the store this week.
And, because it’s called Cheddar Bob, it pairs best with watching 8 Mile and Mac and Trees. (I’m a sucker for vegan mac & cheese since William is lactose intolerant. Plus, it’s really easy to infuse the faux-cheese sauce since the fatty cashew nuts are excellent THC carriers.)
Check out the Craft Kings Website for more information!
About Cheddar Bob:
- Indica dominant (Maybe? The grower’s website lists it as a sativa dominant hybrid. I’m asking them and will post and update)
- Lineage: Kings Kush x Sour Diesel
- Cannabinoids: THC dominant
- Min THC: 22%
- Max THC: 28%
- Max CBD: 0.1%
- Total Terpene content: 2.2%
- Terpene Profile: Linalool, caryophyllene, myrcene, limonene
- Container: Mylar zip sealed bag
- Humidity Pack: None
Featured New Herb
Limited edition, incredibly sexy Tally Man (don’t judge: I’m married to a finance guy) is in this week. Like anything grown by Natural History, you can be sure this will be a winner whether you roll it up or smoke it in a piece.
It’s a hard-hitting tropical explosion of flavours, with beautiful coloration and a heady experience. Best enjoyed in Puerto Backyarda on a sunny afternoon, or next to a fire pit. Put some pineapple on a stick and lightly char it over the live flame for a tasty treat.
The obvious song to play along to a puff: Harry Belafonte’s Banana Boat (Day-O).
The trim is gorgeous and the nug is caked with trichomes. Fluffy and sticky – it was like tearing apart burrs – the nugs are mid-sized, fairly dense and well trimmed. Can’t wait to roll with this lady and see where she takes me.
About Tally Man:
- Indica dominant
- Cannabinoids: THC dominant
- Min THC: 24%
- Max THC: 29%
- Max CBD: 0.05%
- Total Terpene content: 2.8%
- Terpene Profile: Caryophyllene, Farnesene, Limonene
- Container: Mylar zip seal bag
- Humidity Pack: Integra
Also new this week
- LA Kush Cake is back and now available in 14g bags: Edmonton’s Natural History’s flagship cultivar is coming in with incredible cannabinoids and a total terpene content of 3.1% – you can’t pass this up. When consuming, keep awareness around your facial muscles for some light tingling! LA Kush Cake by Natural History tends to bust up a beautiful purple hue.
- We finally got some bath bombs in! Wild Rose & Vanilla – Duet Bath Bombs by nuance are in this week: each package contains 4 bath bombs that you can pair or use individually.
Did you know? Cannabis that is used topically (in a bath, or with creams) doesn’t enter the bloodstream.
- Stuffed French Toast prerolls by Qwest in their newest glass doob tubes!
- We had to bring in the Legacy Hashish by Mood Ring after my father-in-law tried some. Fun fact: he’s been a hash consumer since before I ever rolled my first joint, and is the person we ask whenever we need insight into this classic concentrate. When he consumes this, sets time aside for it to better enjoy the ride. Relaxing, euphoric and oh-so-tasty, this is legacy hash at its finest.